"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Sick of being sick.
Well Keaton ran away to the neighbor's house one day. He came back with a nice little gift that kept on giving...Strep...the stomach flu...misery. I probably would have made it out alright if I hadn't felt bad for the poor kids on that hot windy beef jerky day and shared my water bottle with them. Keaton was puking for three days had a fever and tested positive for strep starting that fateful afternoon I shared the water bottle. Dryden started the fevers and I got him on antibiotics pronto to avoid the puking part, but he ended up running a fever for 5 days and developing a rash on his trunk area. Carter seems to be squeaking by so far with nothing, but me and Jason got it too. Sunday night I felt like I had a brick sitting high in my stomach and sure enough about 2:30 in the morning I started the whole head in a bucket ordeal. Well the baby being sick as well, wanted to get up every hour too. I was miserable. Jason ended up getting up and helping, but was suppose to go to work in an hour. He finally decided to call into work and tell them he wasn't coming, I was laying on my bed wanting to be in a medically induced coma. He got the boys up, had them helping him clean the house, and took care of the baby while I puked and puked. The baby still wanted to nurse but I was dehydrated so I think only powdered milk came out. The UPS man came by the house to drop off a package. He rang the doorbell and I answered. He literally jumped back a foot and said, "Uh." I don't think he expected Miss Puke Bucket to answer the door, he left pretty quickly. By 3:00 that afternoon Jason said he didn't feel right, but he loaded up the boys and headed down to the farm. By the time he got back at 6 he was pretty green. So what do you do when both mommy and daddy have the stomach flu, and both grandmas are out of town? Well...lock all the doors, throw cheese and crackers at the kids on the floor, and tell Carter he is in charge. Lets just say that we all had an early bedtime and woke up a nicer color of pasty white.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment