"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Smother's Day!
Yes, today was a good Mother's Day with only a few hiccups during the day. Both boys slept past 7! We all hurried and got dressed for church and were on time today!! Their is a first time for everything I know!! Carter got to go sing a special number with the rest of the primary kids today during sacrament meeting. You could tell he didn't know the words but he was trying really hard to copy cat the music leader. When all was done all the kids started filing off the front stage and he stayed up there and turned to head toward the microphone. Me and Jason both looked at each other because we both knew what that ment (plus he has been talking about going up there to talk in the microphone for months now) ...Carter's solo debut in sacrament meeting! Thank goodness for an insightful 1st counselor who got up and escorted him down. He was so proud that he did such a good job singing. I wish I could have taped it! Keaton was his joyful self and has currently decided he doesn't care for nursery anymore due to being the littlest in the class, so he will tolerate it as long as Grama Winnie is there with him. Jason taught our lesson in primary and he does a great job every week. I am on bouncer duty in the class usually for one little one who needs extra help to be good in class. After church we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Mom's house and we went home for some much needed naps. I couldn't sleep of course, because everyone else was sleeping, that would be too convenient. We made it over to Scott and Wendy's for dinner and had a great time visiting and being taught much needed doctorine accourding to Derrick. Just ask him his views on Mother's Day. We came home and I put the boys to bed, did the dishes, let Sugar out, and watched Jason make my mother's day cookies. Well Jason went outside for 2 seconds and came in mad so I went out to see what happened. Sugar had taken every single flower from it's wrapping from the nursery that we had left outside to be planted and scattered it accross the yard. It was scattered everywhere!! So messy!! I was so mad I grabbed her by the coller and yelled, and yelled! Jason came out and we started our gardening session at 10p.m. to hurry and save our flowers with a "come to Jesus" lesson for Sugar at the same time. I think she got the idea, she is not dumb just bored and getting into trouble. It was worse than our neighbor's dog hauling off Carter's flip flop yesterday and eating it. And even worse than the other neighbor's dog peeing inside Keaton's cowboy hat that he left out yesterday, its now missing with only a chewed piece left behind, I know for sure that one wasn't Sugar because she was locked up all day. Dogs! To think I was wanting another one today! I am pure crazy. But we did get all the flowers planted and the mess cleaned up just in time to go to bed by 11. Jeeze were did the day go? Accourding to Carter..."Happy Smother's Day!", "Now what are we going to do tomorrow?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen, your stories totally crack me up! The team teaching in primary was like Scott and I in Daybreak. He was much better at teaching. And I, more than once was in the hall with our little misfit! Can't wait to see Carter bean and Keaton this summer!
Post a Comment