"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Monday, July 5, 2010
My son the rocket scientist.
Ever since Carter new what rockets were he has had a fascination with them. I could remember him just really tiny wanting to shoot rockets off. Well lately, he has been trying to build them. He takes anything in my house that he can find and tries to build rockets. Most of them are made up of bottles, paper, and ALOT of tape. He tries to set them on fire to get them to fly off. So far he hasn't been successful but I think that there will be a day that he will get one to shoot off. So I think this evening we went through a whole box of matches, it was really fun to watch the wheels turn in his head and see what he could do next to get the rocket to work. He really does think about it alot, about how they are going to work and be put together. He is very persistent and I don't see him giving up on this little experiment of his. He won't let things go, and he will argue about things until he gets his way. Keaton is just content to tag along and watch. Yesterday, we were at Grama Wendy's house and the boys were out playing in the yard. The kids came in and said Keaton was asleep outside. So I went to go check on him. I found him sleeping underneath a dwarf willow tree, under the canopy of the branches. Poor thing was tuckered out from a day at nursery and needed a nap, we currently have the one o'clock block not conducive to nap times. I would have just let him sleep but I was afraid of scorpions and ants out there, not to mention the heat of the late afternoon. So I brought him in hoping he would stay asleep, but he woke up and was mad that I disturbed his slumber. I was lucky yesterday to have Jason home with us on Sunday for most of the day. He had to tend to a colt that had a bad cut on the cannon of his leg (the lower part of the leg) but he was home for church and afterward. He had the day off today as well but spent it down at the farm working. He usually gets home beat, and I am just as beat after a long day spent with the boys by myself. So we have been looking forward to going to sleep every night. My sleep isn't as restful as Jason's because I have to constantly roll over to get comfortable. Jason says that every time I roll over it's like I have to make it into a three point turn! It takes alot of effort to roll over, bend over and pick things up, or do just about anything. The extra 40 pounds I got going on in the front of me really wearing on me. I really look forward to my swim aerobics in the evenings to take the feeling of the weight off. Not to mention that it is cooler in the pool, Jason likes to keep the a/c around 80 degrees and turn it completely off at night. I think I might move in with my in-laws for the remainder of my pregnancy, they keep their house at a comfortable 69 degrees most of the time, my father-in-law I like to refer to the polar bear. This has been our summer, just the mundane, nothing new. But I suppose one of these days we'll look back and wish we could go back to our simple way of life when our boys were little and just wanted to build a few rockets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really hope we look back and appreciate this crazy time one day! Congrats on the baby! I had no clue. I want some prego pics!
Post a Comment