Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RSV and Pneumonia

Keaton got RSV and pneumonia, who does that?! I guess tis' the season for the germies. We watched his breathing Saturday and Sunday and decided to take him to the E.R. on Sunday evening. They admitted us and that's were we have been this week. He was receiving lots of fluids, continual oxygen, steroids, breathing treatments, and lots of power suctioning.
This is Daddy and Keaton showing off that he is all disconnected from his wires and stuff. Happy Day! The highlight of his days was grandpa coming to visit him. He loves his grandpa, the rest of us our out of luck!
Keaton was soooo excited to finally get out of bed, his first trip was to check out the bathroom. He was just happy to be up and walking around. We knew he was feeling better when he started jumping in the bed and trying to climb up the back of it.
Jason and Katie adding their support to the whole recovery process by watching American Idol on T.V. I think this is the most sleep I got for over a week even with the nurses and docs coming in all hours of the night. We were released today to go home. Keaton is doing much better. He is eating and doesn't need to be hooked up to the oxygen. When we walked into the house I put him down and he was all over the house just smiling and chattering. It was hard for him to be cooped up in such a tiny room for a week. He needed some space to wander and to be just left alone, no more pestering by strangers. Carter has been staying with Grandma Wendy and I am afraid he dosen't want to come home he seems quite content to be spoiled at Grandma's house.

2 comments:

Scott, Tauna and Camille said...

I'm so happy he's home! Yea! I hope he is running around a playing full force. And I hope you get some sleep now. You really need it!

Bell Family said...

Sorry your little guy was so sick! I hope he is doing great now and you are finally resting! He looks pretty happy in the pictures. It's amazing how strong kiddos are!