"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Friday, April 9, 2010
Lover Boy...
I watched my friend's little girl Kiersten for the day on Thursday. She is just younger than Carter, so they play really well together. Towards the end of the day I put in Monsters v.s. Aliens and they were watching it for quiet time. It got to an intense part of the movie when Kiersten says,"This is a scary movie." Carter quips up and says, "It's okay you can hold on to me." I was just in the hallway peeking in on them and caught it and had a chuckle. So Kiersten's mom came and picked her up and after they left Carter tells me, "Mom when I get bigger like Dad I am going to marry her." I giggled and all I could get out was, "Oh, okay." This is the same little girl he danced with at aerobics one morning, she was dressed in her fairy costume and he told her she was a princess and held her hand and danced with her. So that brings us to tonight, we took the boys out for pizza and on the way home Carter started asking about going on dates. "Mom, I want to go out on a date with you." Jason says,"You can't, only I can go on dates with Mom." I told Carter,"We go on outings together and have a good time. You take girls that you like and think are cute on dates." Which Carter so suavely replied, "Mom, I think you're cute and pretty too. I like you." Well gosh darn it how can you resist a kid like that. We also had a discussion that he had to wait until he was 16 to go on dates. He didn't understand why and why we he had to take girls on dates and not Mom too. I told him it was to get to know nice girls better and treat them really good. Something inside me, call it a mother's intuition, tells me that Carter is not going to have a hard time at all finding girls to chase him with his sweet words and friendly personality, plus he is a big tease!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too cute, just like when you were helping me move, and she was up on the couch, and he was on one knee and they looked like they were playing romeo and juliette!
Post a Comment