Thursday, October 28, 2010

Concussion #2.

Well, I got the bill in yesterday for our trip to the E.R. when Carter was thrown from the horse. It was not to long after that later that day that I heard a crash and then some crying. It was Carter. He fell off of something (we haven't figured out yet) head first. The look on his face was sure panic. Jason tried to get him to tell him what happened and he was swaying, looking pale, and sweating. He said he didn't know what happened. He said something about the swing outside and then the kitchen table but he wasn't anywhere near those things. So we put ice on his knot and kept an eye on him. Well he fell asleep and when he woke back up he started puking. So Jason took him up to the hospital for head injury #2. He got back and we put him to bed next to me so I could keep on eye on him. He was nice enough to give me a sliver of bed to sleep on. Most of the night I either had his knees or head in my back, I am a big proponent that kids should sleep in their own beds now. I guess it didn't matter much because Dryden slept from 7p.m. to midnight and then after that he wasn't too big on sleeping. He just wanted to nurse and fuss the rest of the night. Jason tried to help but ended up having to get up to go to work at 5. Keaton was the only guy in our house that got some sleep last night. I had to wake up Carter to give meds and ask him his "magic word" that was "bird" every 2 hours.
On another note Dryden had a check up yesterday and he has gained 2 pounds in 4 weeks. The doctor said he was in the 75% for everything and seems to be growing faster than his brothers. He now weighs in at 10 pounds!
Keaton's birthday is this weekend and I am not sure what we are going to do considering all that is going on. But there is definitely going to be a Texas sheet cake involved. Keaton will eat a whole pan of that!
Yesterday kind of fell apart as soon as Jason got home. Our internet had been turned off, our utilities where going to be turned off that day, and then Carter had his whole accident. Our internet and utility bills got paid while I was in the hospital with the baby, but for one reason or another the bills didn't get to their destinations. So here is hoping for a better today and a nap!

1 comment:

Teryn said...

oh man.. I completely forgot you went private.. so, I've been thinking you haven't updated your blog in FOREVER.. whoops!

life with boys.. can't even imagine.. we just cry and play dress up over here with all these girls!

Hope little man is okay and Dryden is giving you more sleep!