"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Thursday, October 14, 2010
The Fog Is Back!
I am pretty sure I shouldn't be driving. I have the mental clarity of mud and the reaction time of a slug. It has only been two weeks since the baby was born, and I was thinking "Really? That's all?" It feels alot longer than that. I am guessing because my nights and days are blurred together, my perception of time is warped. My spotless house has now become a landfill and Keaton ate peanut M&Ms for breakfast today. Keaton has been hiding out in the spare bedroom watching movies, which he doesn't mind but I do. I feel really guilty about all the movies he watches but really what am I going to do with him until I get recovered. Dryden has been a good baby for the most part, but he has issues settling his feedings before going back to sleep. So we got the 3o minute feeding and changing and tack on another hour to get him settled back down to sleep. Those pesky hiccups have kept us up a night or two too. He is now loosing his hair on the top of his head and looks pretty cute with his receding hair line. I think this will be the new "norm" until I start getting a decent night's sleep. Whatever makes you forget how hard it is to have a baby, needs to go away, because this up all night deal is the pits and is really good birth control. I am 99.9% positive that I will never be a mother of 8. The good part is that the baby is dang cute and you can't get mad at him for being starving and wanting to nurse all night. But I just wish for some solid sleep so this fog will roll on out of my brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment