So we have had these two gold fish for over a year. I think they cost us something like 27 cents. Well Carden came over to play with Carter and they were playing for awhile and I decided to go check on them they were too quiet. So I peaked into Carter's room and nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I peaked at Carden's hand, there was something orange in it. He said "lets fix it with the tools." I still didn't clue in until I walked over to see what they were "fixing," I freaked! I looked over at the fish tank and saw that the other fish was gone too! "Boys! Were is the other fish?" Carden calmly walked over and said "it fell behind there," meaning it fell behind the dresser. So I took the fish from Carden put it back in the tank and moved the dresser out and found the other fish and put it back in the tank too. The one that was being fixed by the boys seemed to be more dazed than the other. I think the fish that fell behind the dresser was relieved to be hiding back there. The little trooper fish seem to be okay and there will be no toilet funerals for the time being. Both boys had to go have a talk with Jason, that seemed to do the trick.
Just an update to this story...the fish gave up the ghost this morning. They just rolled over and died. I guess they were tired of being manhandled! I can't say that I blame them, I mean they did try to jump behind the dresser and hide from two precocious three year olds with a hammer and a screw driver. Its funny they held on for two days and then decided it wasn't worth living anymore under these circumstances. Hazardous times they lived in.
1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment