Saturday, December 5, 2009

Minor hiccup.


So this morning I had gotten up and got Keaton dressed. He wanted to wear his "boos" (boots) so he found one and was looking for the other. I went in the other room for a bit and I heard Carter yelling, "Momma! Momma! It's melting! So I came burnin' around the corner...no pun intended... and saw to my horror Keaton had set his irrigation boot on top of our very hot wood burning stove! By the time I got a paper bag and shovel to get it off it was a complete melted puddle, if any of you remember Roger Rabbit it was like that, a complete liquid form of it's self! Kinda weird I know! That wasn't the worst part, it started to smoke really bad. Me and the boys were coughing and it was burning our eyes and lungs so I rushed the boys out of the house because the smoke was filling our house and put them in the car outside with the heater on while I went back in and opened all the doors and windows. Can't imagine what the neighbors where thinking me running in and out of the house in my pajamas in 19 degree weather. I ran the kids to my mom's house so she could keep them safe while I went back to clean up the aftermath. It took some serious scrubbing and cleaning to get it all up, but I did it. Our house still has a little stench to it but for the most part it is better. On the way to my mom's house I praised Carter that he told me quickly about it and we had a good little lesson on fire safety! Not the teaching moment I would have picked, but I think this one will stick.

2 comments:

Teryn said...

oh man! how scary! I'm glad that everything ended up turning out all right and not so much worse!

Katie Thompson said...

And when someone looses a boot, its tragic!