My boys are at the age where it is Christmas is fun. So I have been trying to do things to really get them pumped up, partially because it is fun for me too! Yesterday, I helped the boys write their letters to Santa. I gave Keaton his paper and pen and let him have at it. He scribbled on the paper and pointed at it and said, "Daddy!" Carter told me what he wanted to write in his letter, so I dot traced it so he could go back over it himself. He did a really good job and here is what it says just in case Santa is following our blog:
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a bike, a remote control car, a sister, and a robot. I have been good.
Love,
Carter
Now a few of those things like a bike and a remote control car are feasible, the rest I don't think are going to happen. So I was helping Carter, I wasn't really paying attention to what Keaton was doing. He just so happened to be finishing his letter to Santa up on my arm. So Keaton's letter was very eloquently written on my arm in very festive red ink. I was so proud of him I almost shed a tear! Ah, when they are 2 and super duper cute its hard to get mad, it was my fault I wasn't paying attention to what was going on with my own arm. Carter wouldn't let a minute go by without reminding me that we needed to mail off his letter, so we did that today. Also, we got crafty and made our gingerbread family out of brown grocery bags. The boys loved it and they turned out really cute! Keaton named his gingerbaby "Bang! Bang!" He ran around the whole night with it and has been playing with it frequently...go figure! Now if we can only get Jason to take us out to find our "nontraditional" Christmas tree, we would be set. Jason is hard to pin down, so I am thinking I am going to put Carter on reminding duty....he is really good at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment