Well lets just say that money doesn't grow on trees...darn it! I would get myself one of those pronto! We have been working really hard these last couple of years to pay off the necessary debt because we really don't have unnecessary debt like fancy cars and expensive toys and such. So money is tight, student loans are kicking our rears! For the past couple of years we have gone out and made our own Christmas trees. The real pine trees are too expensive and don't last very long at our house and the fake trees take up too much space in storage. So last year it was a cottonwood Christmas tree and this year...can you guess it? Its a milo Christmas tree! It was so fun to go out and find things to make our tree on Saturday! We even took Carter's .22 and shot it at some birds while we out. We found a few pieces of straggler milo because most of the milo had been harvested or the cows at it all. Milo is actually very pretty I think, but our tree I think needed alot more than what we were able to find. So I filled in the bare spots with glass balls and lights. It has been a fun tradition these last couple of years to do for our family and the best part is that it cost us $0 a big fat ZIPPO! I worked really hard this fall to save money for Christmas and so I really wanted to devote my money for gifts for my boys, not on dinky pine trees. So our Christmas came from alot of haircuts and colors! Thank you to all my devoted clients for keeping me in business! I got 75% of my shopping done in November when Jason flew me over to Mesa so we have been enjoying a stress free holiday!
"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Saturday, December 5, 2009
The "Nontraditional" Christmas Tree.
Well lets just say that money doesn't grow on trees...darn it! I would get myself one of those pronto! We have been working really hard these last couple of years to pay off the necessary debt because we really don't have unnecessary debt like fancy cars and expensive toys and such. So money is tight, student loans are kicking our rears! For the past couple of years we have gone out and made our own Christmas trees. The real pine trees are too expensive and don't last very long at our house and the fake trees take up too much space in storage. So last year it was a cottonwood Christmas tree and this year...can you guess it? Its a milo Christmas tree! It was so fun to go out and find things to make our tree on Saturday! We even took Carter's .22 and shot it at some birds while we out. We found a few pieces of straggler milo because most of the milo had been harvested or the cows at it all. Milo is actually very pretty I think, but our tree I think needed alot more than what we were able to find. So I filled in the bare spots with glass balls and lights. It has been a fun tradition these last couple of years to do for our family and the best part is that it cost us $0 a big fat ZIPPO! I worked really hard this fall to save money for Christmas and so I really wanted to devote my money for gifts for my boys, not on dinky pine trees. So our Christmas came from alot of haircuts and colors! Thank you to all my devoted clients for keeping me in business! I got 75% of my shopping done in November when Jason flew me over to Mesa so we have been enjoying a stress free holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HA HA- This one is my favorite so far for sure...And it's petite enough it'll make the presents look SWEET!
Mom told me this morning about the boot- Hope the boys/you are all ok! It is a great teaching moment...
Post a Comment