"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Out with the old....
Today I found myself the the great pleasure and opportunity to clean out my closet. There were clothes in there that I have kept since high school. I had a hard time sorting them into the out box because of memories associated with them, like my first date with Jason or my high school graduation dress, and more importantly, they still fit or they might fit if I met my goal and dropped those last 15 pounds I want to loose. Then, oh the bragging rights I would have when I wore that lucky outfit out that I wore in high school! Not that it was fashionable at all, but that I still fit into my clothes I wore in high school. With my ten year high school reunion coming up, it has got me panicking wanting to hold on to youth and in a weird way the panic is coming out through not being able to throw out my old clothes. Some clothes still fit but not the same way as my pre-baby body fit into them, my body has redistributed it's self into not as attractive curves, that makes me wish I was still looking the same way I did like I was in college. So I am telling my self to part with those old clothes and yard sell them. Make some money and buy some new clothes. Out with the old clothes in with the new....as well as my body. Well maybe no new clothes now, until I meet my un-frumpy goal, because lets be honest who wants to go shopping for clothes a couple sizes larger than what you really want...it's a kick in the pants any way you look at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen.
My problem isn't throwing out, it's staying clothed! If I threw away all the clothes that looked nasty on me I'd be wondering around naked.
BIG problem.
P90X, here I come!
P.S. Found a great whole wheat waffle recipe if you're interested.
Check out www.sparkpeople.com! It's my new fave website. It will help you reach your goal.
Hey! Darrin is my brother in law. He is such a good guy. You are awesome to do some cleaning. I think I have clothes in every size I've ever been...just in case
Post a Comment