Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Blurry-eyed Blogger needs ear plugs...

Jason is on night shift and so he leaves about 5 p.m. to go to work. Well me and the boys go to my parents house to help fill the evening hours. Well Carter does not know how to stop talking, he talks about a mile a minute. Even when he has nothing to say there is alot of "Ums" and "Mom" going on in the back seat of the car. On the way home the other night me and Carter had this conversation..
Carter: "Mommy where is Daddy?"
Jen: "He went to work."
Carter: "At the lights?" (You can see the mine lights up on the base of the mountain basically anywhere in our little valley. Carter knows that's were Daddy goes to work, at the lights.)
Jen: "Yes, at the lights."
Carter: "The lights are broken?"
Jen: "I don't think so, maybe."
Carter: "He went to go change a light bulb?"
Jen: "Yes, I guess he had to go to work to change a light bulb." (In my head I was thinking, how many miners does it take to change a light bulb?)


This evening on our way home Carter had gotten out of his buckles in is car seat and was hanging from the handle on the roof by the door. So I yelled at him in a typical motherly fashion and told him I was going to pull over and spank his pants if he didn't get back in his buckles. He told me very matter of fact kind of way, "No you wouldn't, I am going to fight you up!" Its a good thing his dad wasn't in the car at the time...or the car would have come to a screeching stop, with a "teaching moment" for Carter. Ugh, my three year old sometimes...what do ya do? I think somedays I am doing really good at being a mother and other days I need to write CPS' number on the wall in spray paint for the kid.

No comments: