Last night I heard Keaton crying from his room, so I ran down there to see what was going on. From the sounds of the commotion going on in the room, Carter had hit Keaton. I told him we do not hit brothers and Jason called Carter down to the office while I calmed Keaton down. This is how the conversation between dad and son went.
Jason: "Did you hit Keaton?"
Carter: "Probably so."
Jason: "Did you hit Keaton?"
Carter: "Maybe."
Jason: "Are you lying to me?"
Carter: "No."
Jason: "Did you want to go to bed until you can answer me?"
Carter: "No."
Jason: "Did you hit Keaton?"
Carter: "Yes."
The funny thing was is that Carter couldn't come right out and say he hit Keaton and he wasn't exactly lying. He tried to just skirt around it the affirmative answer. While Jason was talking to Carter I had to hide my face because I was laughing because it reminded me of the Shrek 3 movie when they were asking Pinocchio were Shrek was and he gave a very confusing speech that he might in fact know the exact whereabouts of Shrek. Silly Kids.
1 comment:
The truth about that conversation is that Carter is a BRILLIANT 3 year old!!! But oh my heck, I just love his conversations. Even if he needs a whoopin' half the time. I wish I could just kiss his sweet cheeks and squeeze him til he's blue. Ok, not quite that hard. But these posts make me smile every time. Love you guys.
Post a Comment