"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Monday, March 9, 2009
My Glamorous Life.
Well today was not one of my finer days. The days preceding it were not so great either. Everything has been irritating me for about a week. Friday night I was one step away from just locking myself in my room and let the boys bang on the door and scream. Carter and I have been butting heads all week. Well this particular night he wouldn't stay in his bed. Lets just say swats didn't work here, and by the time 8:30 rolled around I had called Jason in tears and Carter was the cool, calm, collected one. I told him, "You better come home right now, before I call CPS on myself!" He told me, "I'll be home in 7 minutes, just ignore him." Well Carter decides to say now. "Mommy, you better listen to me I am tired of toopeating myself." Thanks son, I'll remember that the next time. Jason gets home and has a dad to son discussion and Carter goes straight to bed and goes to sleep!!!!! I was so angry, frustrated, and anything else that might apply. SO Saturday rolls around and he is not allowed to go outside while Dad is running the tractor, he goes outside anyway. I get the belt this time and decided to be consistent on my punishments. He gets one swat and learned his lesson...throw the belt out the back door then mom can't find it to swat me. He did that three times that day. Well that morning he came bustin in the door and locked it and said, "Now Bonnie can't get me, she was chasin' me, I lock her out." What did he do now? How do I appologize for whatever might of done that was cause that kind of an reaction, I don't think cookies will cover this one. Well, Sunday came around and I was talking to Bonnie and she said that the contractor working across the street called her and said Carter had come over to the house he was building to "help" well he sent him home but he didn't go home he went to the next house over that is under construction that dosen't have any walls just a floor and a hole for the basement entrance. One of the workers said he saw him go into the hole and come back out limping because he fell down the stairs! All the time I thought he had gone over to Carden's house to play, at least that was what he told me he was going to do. So Sunday night I was a mess thinking what a horrible mother I was for not knowing what my son is up to and how could I let him get hurt like that and not know. I seriously gave myself a kanker sore with my tummy in knots like that. Well then today happened, I was in tears by 2 this afternoon and it was just because of naughty boys. Keaton gave Carter a busted lip, Carter kept on escaping out the door Carter going one way and Keaton going another, Carter decided he wanted to play in my make-up, naps were non-exsistant today, and Sugar bit Carter on the foot which was a melt down in itself. Jason had another father and son talk and he couldn't see what the problem was because Carter was being just fine after that. So I decided I needed to get out and Jason would have to take me out on a date. Well on the way home Carter said, "I say O.K. daddy, and I don't get a swat." Your learning son but how about just not getting into trouble in the first place. So we are trying the time out this week, but I have a feeling that I might need time out more than he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh you poor thing! I hate those days or weeks that you feel like a rotten mom and you just want to beat your kids and thne cry your eyes out. Don't beat em, just go lock yourself away for their safety, I have done that before. They are safer on the other side of the door. At least you can call your hubby and he will come rescue you, that is sweet. My all time hate of motherhood is trying to keep track of kids, and the mischeif they are in to. Keep your chin up! Tomorrow is a new day. Oh, and eat some chocolate too.
Hey girl, hang in there! I have been having some days like that lately! I think as moms we totally blame ourselves for everything our kids do. I think we have to remember that they have their own little personalities and whether we like or not their agency. Taryn listens to Rick a lot better than me and I hate that! I think they just get use to us being home with them all the time, so when dad gets home it is different. We have to pick our battles. I hope things get better! I am with Cambria - go eat some chocolate!
HOLY FIRE!
If you need a "Carter-Free" few days just to re-group and get set, you're free to send him up here to hang for a few days. It'd be fun! Then you can have some quality Keaton/Mommy time.
Anyways, here's a site that the Y indirectly put together.
http://education.byu.edu/youcandothis/time_out.html
sorry jen im not there to come be with carter and keaton while you "re-coop" Carter is getting on my nerves and im not even there. Eventually you can get on ichat and i will ichat with the boys.Take carter to Pa he'll be back to good in no time
:D Lets Call it "PaCall Bootcamp"I hope to be home soon to come help.... MISS U GUYS-katie
Oh ya what happened to "Thou Shalt honor thy father and thy MOTHER!"Where did that all go! When he says "im gonna turn you into father." HOW bout we turn eachother in and see who wins! :D sounds good to me! -kt
I have lots of days like this with braden i think it is a little boy thing to test their mommys patients haha. Next time send him over to my house and him and braden can run all there energy out in the back yard :0).
Post a Comment