Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random, random, random.

We went to Joseph City yesterday and came back this afternoon. Being in the car with a 16month old, a 4 year old, and a 13 year old is bound to do anyone in. Bless Katie's heart, she did a pretty good job entertaining the boys in the back, and Jason did pretty well trying to entertain me. This time the youngest lasted longer than the mother. Jeeze! My attention span for car trips is about an hour and then I am done. Some of the things I thought about when I was locked inside a moving vehicle.
-How do you add on a basement?
-Where in the heck did my 4 year old get a piece of gum? I am not picking it out of the carpet!
-Grandma apparently does not like hooker heels, she dosen't think she could drive in them.
-Do you think the hitchiker would like some of our ice water?
-It's a cruel joke to be poochie in the car and with the windows on lock, but pretty funny.
-Any minute I am expecting indian feathers to be poppin up behind bushes and hills out here on the res., the theme music from the "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" dosen't help in this train of thought. Why did Katie put in the request for this music anyhow? Why did the car DJ listen?
-Could we sell advertising space on our cow on ebay for large amounts of money? How would a cow look with a tattoo, is their body a temple too?
-We all advoid family situations differently, I space out, others clean, some go to another room, somone else diverts attention to other people. Why is it so painful to go to family gatherings.
-This is a terrible way to get out of teaching a primary lesson. Four hours both ways in a car with kids.
-Jason wants to sleep in an old bunk house? Well, I'll take the big posh ranch house up a ways and he can just rough it.
-Don't the indians who sell pinions on the side of the road shell the nuts in their mouths? Who said they pick the nuts out of owl poopie?
- Who would want to go to the Apache Gold Casino? I don't understand. Price is right $59 for a room and a dinner...Hmmm I think I'll spend all my money on the res. sounds like a great time to me, the location is amazing....
-Please don't serenade me to the song "The Keeper of the Stars." Makes me start twitching.
-Out of all of us, why do I get carsick before we even get past Geronimo?

3 comments:

Scott, Tauna and Camille said...

Jen - you kill me! I think all kinds of random things when I'm stuck in a car. But I don't hate road trips as much as you do. I totally love that you posted all those random thoughts. They're awesome!

Katie Thompson said...

cause a cows body is a temple!!!!! i so claim that!haha aawaawaa dun dun dun aaawawaa dun dun dun!a good times good times.

camilla said...

you are so funny! I hate car trips too!