Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh Dear!

So I am not the only one in the family who is a big bean head. Last Saturday Jason decided to burn weeds at the pond. Well he started it even though it was a bit windy. So those dry reeds really burn fast! So it was getting to hot and smokey for me and the kids to we took off and hiked down to the barn area. Pretty soon I see alot of black smoke and hear a sound like a big shot gun going off and then a smaller pop. Oh and we now know how much Katie likes Jason because she was more worried about him than I was and kept on saying "what a loser...I am going to go check on him." Well I told her to stay there and I hiked to a hill up above the pond that was the opposite direction that the wind was blowing to check things out. He had to move our new car in a hurry to keep it from getting caught on fire and that fire was spreading so fast! I couldn't even see Jason, so I decided to head back because the fire was spreading my direction now. He got back to the barn before I did in our now smokey new car. He was pretty upset with the whole situation because he had to drop his lighter and propane tank and lighter and run, hence the explosions. It ended up burning a boat, a wood bench, some hoses, and a few other things. His water quit him will he was burning and the back of his arm was toasted. We packed up our Saturday adventure and headed home, I don't even have any pics to show. I thought he had learned his lesson, but on Wednesday, an even windier day, he decided to burn some weeds around a hay field, I won't tell you how that turned out....I could smell smoke from our house. Last night, my love of a husband, went to go play church basketball after pulling his hamstring and his lower back at the previous game. Well he jumped down from grabbing the ball and landed in swat an ripped his pants and every one there saw and heard! He said he still played the rest of the game as the comic relief. I got a good laugh when he came home and told me. That is my husband in a nutshell, next time I will post an embarassing story about me. But this week I am glad it isn't me.

2 comments:

Scott, Tauna and Camille said...

Oh my goodness! You're lucky you still HAVE a husband. Thankfully! Crazy coot!

Katie Thompson said...

well atleast i worried! He pulled a hamstring!? no wonder he was so stinkin crazy! Thatcher stake is coming to verse pima next week! haha oh well you guys never told me he had to drop is propane tank!ooohhh poor lighter whatever shall we do! hmm how bout go buy another 3 $ one:)