Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Eh? Whats that you say sonny?

We had Carter's ABR this morning bright and early at 6:30 a.m., which means that we had to leave the house a little after 4 a.m. this morning. For any of those who don't know there are not any numbers on my alarm clock before 7 a.m. But I didn't just start my morning at 4, I started it at 1:30 a.m. when Carter woke up crying and had a fever of 101.1. I gave him some sips of water and laid him next to my bed under the air conditioning to cool him off. I didn't get back to sleep till about 3 and I was getting up in 45 minutes! I called the doc's office and of course nobody was there at 4 in the morning to tell us if we should still come or not. So we loaded up and left anyway. When we got there at 6:30 the nurse said that she was about to call me and tell me not to come. Well for pete's sake! But they ended up taking him anyway for the test. He was real brave and all the nurses thought he was really cute and talkative. It took a little over an hour and then they called me back and he was pretty angry. That's what happens when they wake up out of anesthesia. So I rocked him and it only took him about 30 min. to be pretty clear and be able to be released. They said he still has fluid in his left ear that needs to be cleared up but that the test can still get all the way to the brain stem. He is partially deaf and it is permanent but it should not cause any development delays, they think about 45% in his left ear but his right ear is perfect. So we left TMC and were on our way home and I asked him if he was hungry and he replied, "No, Mom, I'm fine thank you. I had two hot dogs last week."

2 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

Thats my carter!!!

Scott, Tauna and Camille said...

Oh Carter! Thanks for giving me a laugh almost every day. Two hotdogs last week, where does he come up with this stuff? He kills me. Love to you all!