Friday, October 10, 2008

The "Fair" a new four letter word.

I was looking forward all week to spend all my money on worthless junk and plan a family activity for us to spend "quality time" with each other to grow closer as a family. But alas, Keaton ruined all my plans. We started out at the animal section and it only took us about 15 mins. So we moved onto the ride section and bought all our tickets and decided that the ferris wheel was the first ride because Carter had seen it from the road and was excited about it. So I stayed on the ground with Keaton and he decided that he had enough of the fair and started out in a full on fit. So I tried to feed him but that didn't work and I walked him around. He was very upset to say the least. Jason finally got off the ride and took him and I took Carter to go on a kiddie roller coaster. Well I lost track of them. Then I lost Katie because she was looking for Jason and Keaton. I was left in the pig exibit a little on the upset side myself. Finally, I found them near the cows and he was still screaming! No consoling him! So for the next hour Katie and Jason road some rides and I yelled at Carter to stay in the stroller while wrestling with an irate baby and carnies coming up to be chatty with me. All I wanted to do was go to the little cheapie booths and buy some kettle corn, but we walked down to that end and decided enough was enough and we left. On the way out Carter lost his balloon and he was screaming by then too. We got the kids loaded up in the car and Keaton quieted down and was asleep before we even left the parking lot, it was too much stimulation for the poor little guy. And to think, there is only 364 days until the next fair...yipee! Maybe I should make a paper chain countdown, that would be fun, and what would add to the whole paper chain experience... a paper cut!

3 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

It was still fun though .when i found keaton and jason keaton was just fine but when you walked up he was screaming like a wild monkey! Me and Jason still enjoyed our rides though! And the car wash!

Jill Rogers said...

So apparently the discount for you won't be as good as we'd hoped...There were several that I was having a hard time choosing from and Michael is working on pricing them out to see which ones he can get the cheapest. He's been sick, and so hasn't been at work as much. But he's looking at them today? You like the ones I'm wearing? Those are "Coach" and cost us $54, but retail for $260 or so. But even the DR.'S FATHER can only get 20% off, so Michael's trying to figure out what he can work out. Will let you know.

Jill Rogers said...

Oh- And I hear ya with the screaming child...It probably was a bit overstimulating. Grant has been screaming a TON lately. He'll point at something (and most of the time it's NOTHING) that he wants and scream and scream until I start handing him ANYTHING- and even then he'll push it away. He refuses to eat anything that I give him...And will only eat chips that HE gets out of the lazy susan. BOO.