Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve for Carter

Keaton didn't really get it, he was happy just to go to bed last night. But for Carter he was so excited. First of all he had a solo for our Christmas party last night and sang his version of Jingle Bells. He had a great time hitting the pinata as well. But the funniest moments were after the party was over. I think we put him back in bed like 10 times that night. First time he got out he was soooo concerned that his room was messy. He didn't want Santa to see his room a mess, so we had to clean it up right then, it had to be perfect. So he is in bed again, and I hear him talking quietly to himself about Santa sprinkling magic on his reindeer to fly and singing his own made up Christmas songs. We had told him that Santa won't come to boy's houses that are awake. Santa only comes when you are asleep. So he ended up out of his bed again in the front room were I was laying on the couch and Jason opened the door to come in from outside. Well I don't think Carter knew who was coming in through that door because he went screaming down the hallway all the way to his bed! He finally fell asleep and so in the middle of the night I heard him talking in his sleep, like he occasionally does, and he yelled out "my bag of candy!" Well when he got up this morning I told him that I heard Santa up on the roof last night and he told me we had to go climb up on the roof right now to get our presents off the roof! He was afraid to go down the hall to go see his presents because he didn't know what was out there. He saw his new truck and didn't know if he was allowed to touch it. He was sad that Santa didn't stay and visit with us, silly boy. We told him Santa had to go to bed because he had a long night.

1 comment: