Friday, September 5, 2008

Dishes!

Well let it be known I hate housekeeping! I try so hard to keep up with it, I mostly spin my wheels trying to get it done, that by the end of the day I am draggin' my wagon! So I hired a cleaning lady to come in once a month to do the deeper scrubbing, that I can't get done all the way with my boys on my tail 24/7. Well she was suppose to come around ten o'clock in the morning and I had to pick up my house before she came. Well I did my dishes and stuffed as much as I could in the dishwasher and I still had a sink full! So I threw them all in paper shopping bags and put them in the garage! Well I am now just getting them done after 3 days, yuck! Jason said that, that was a total Jennifer thing to do! I am hurt! Just kidding, I know its the truth because I would rather scrub my entire bathroom than do dishes! Plus, Jason and I made a deal before we got married that he would do the dishes as long as I cooked. Well now I am cooking and doing the dishes! I think that deal lasted about a year. I think I am lucky I got that much from him. I still love him, he just dose not want to do anything around the house either. I am lucky that the chickens and the neighbor's dog didn't get into them. I have been doing so much hair at my house I haven't had time to get to them. Well now I have the time to do them and I now wish I didn't.

3 comments:

Jill Rogers said...

AMEN! I HATE DISHES TOO!! I wonder if it's because Dad always did them when we had big meals...

But yeah- Michael is thinking about Nuclear Medicine Tech. He's just not super confident about how he'd last in the academy now that his elbows are the way they are. He' can ALMOST straighten his arms- But that doesn't mean he can start doing push ups for MONTHS and he had a hard time BEFORE he was injured. He's thinking maybe this is some sort of message from the Lord that we shouldn't be going into Law Enforcement. It's not completely off the table (Michael is the ONLY one left out of 120 testers that they're looking at...no pressure, ehe?), and we're basically just waiting for "the call" but he's going to go job shadow a "nuke tech" and see if he likes it. If he does then we'll start applying and see where we get. But it's hard because it's easy to see how both are so appealing to him in COMPLETELY different ways. But the "nuke tech" can make just as much (if not more) than a cop can starting, it has to do with his major/degree, and is in the medical field with only 15-21 months of additional school. But he still wants to know more about the profession before he "commits" and puts L.E.O. off the table so he doesn't shut any doors that we'll need to be open.

As far as moving down there, he'll never go for it. ESPECIALLY living with G'ma. He loves to hang with our family, but doesn't want to live in the same town/city as EITHER of our parents/families. Mostly because it's hard on marriages and he hates the small town gossipy stuff that goes on everywhere and around our family. I guess he saw it a lot in the villages on his mission and it drove him crazy. Although he could make a lot more money in a small hospital like that because he'd basically be mixing his own radioactive isotopes or something.

I'm torn on moving there- Part of me REALLY wants to because I'm familiar/comfortable with it, and I'd LOVE for Grant to be able to grow up with your boys. But it's not the same as it was growing up, so it's not really "homey" to me anymore. The house is, but the town isn't- Does that make sense? But I do like the school system, and being close to family...But Michael would NEVER go for it unless Mt. Graham offered him a TON of money. But if he goes to the school in Mesa, there's a chance he'd be doing his clinicals in Safford (they have to be "out of county"- Meaning out of Maricopa county).

Jill Rogers said...

Woah...That was long- I should have just sent an E-MAIL!

Jill Rogers said...

(Shoot- I forgot to comment on politics)

We were MUCH more into the election when Mitt was still in it. But I do like Palin so far. She's sassy- which I like, and I think for many reasons it was a GENIOUS move on McCain's part. However, McCain is VERY anti-mormon (which we heard about from Michael's brother when he was interning for Mitt) and we think that's part of the reason he didn't pick Mitt. But Palin I like- I do have a hard time with her as far as prioritizing goes. She seems like she has it all together, but she just had a baby 4 months ago! It's going to be VERY hard on her hubby- But I think she makes the McCain ticket a bit easier to swallow....Kinda hope he has a coronary and keels over.