"Here in our love, I feel something of eternity. Looking at you, I can see right through to eternity."
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Gormet Cooking
I have been experimenting lately in the cooking department. Well my obsession has been the chocolate molten lava cakes. The first try tasted good but I forgot to go around the edges with a knife so they came out in pieces. Second try I tried a different recipe using semisweet chocolate instead of sweetened dark chocolate. Well this was the worst batch of them all. It was really hard to make involving beating egg whites and melting the chocolate in a double boiler. They ended up being souffle type cakes and as soon as they came out of the oven some of them fell into chocolate pancakes. So the ones that were still puffy we ate. Um...does chocolate bacon sound good to you? Well that's what they tasted like! I was so sick after eating them! They sat in my stomach like a brick, needless to say I was very uncomfortable. When I went to bed that night all I could think about was those dumb cakes and how I was not going to puke my guts out. I had a hard time going to sleep and then I was kept awake by the "Swamp Thing" snoring next to me (Jason is sick with a sinus infection, he gets those regularly I think he needs his tonsils out.) I don't know what the heck happened but now my obsession is cured for the time being and I don't want to see another chocolate cake again, this may be better for my diet anyway. So lesson learned: use sweetened dark chocolate and simpler may be better. I think I am going to try a lemon cheese merengue pie next. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment