Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No more Rock-a-bye.

I trained Keaton to go to sleep when I layed him down in his bed. But he was so cute I missed rocking and cuddling him so I decided once or twice wouldn't hurt if I rocked him. Well it did, after that he wanted to be rocked to sleep all the time. I had it made! I ruined it. So last night Jason decided he needed to be retrained to go to sleep in his bed. So we put him in his crib to "cry it out." Pretty soon Carter had had enough because he was trying to go to sleep as well and he started to play boo and talk to Keaton saying "Keaton it's alright." Pretty soon Keaton just stopped crying and stared at Carter. But Carter decided it was time to go to sleep so he layed down and went to sleep. Well Keaton sat at the end of his crib holding on the bars looking and listening for me. If he heard me he would cry for a few seconds and wait for me to come get him. This went on for a little bit, and after it was quiet for awhile Jason went to go check on him. This was how we found him, sleeping sitting up with his head down on the bumpers snoring away. We were both laughing so hard it was a funny sight.

1 comment:

Jill Rogers said...

BAH HA!! WHAT A SILLY BOY!! Those are my favorites...Finding them all in contorted positions sleeping. So did you lie him down, or just leave him?